We are always looking for poetry, prose and art to publish in editions of the magazine. If you have created a piece that you would like to submit send it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send all written submissions as a word.doc or PDF. If you are sending art send it as a jpeg.
- Send all pieces as an attachment along with your name and postal address (so that we can send you a copy of the magazine if we publish your work).
- 1-5 poems will usually be enough, or a couple of prose pieces (short stories, or essays), or 1-4 pieces of art.
- Any piece submitted to us should not have been previously published in any other magazine or collection; we can accept pieces that have been self-published on a blog or in print.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know if your piece is accepted somewhere else.
- We try to reply to your submission as quickly as possible but sometimes emails do get lost so if you haven’t heard from us after 4 weeks send us another email just to check.
- If you are published in the magazine we will send you one free copy* of the magazine and you will retain the rights to your pieces but we would appreciate acknowledgment of first publication if your piece is published in a pamphlet or collection.
So what sort of work do we publish?
The quickest answer to that is that if we like it and think it echoes what’s going on in the world it is likely to find favour with us. We like anything that is experimental, political, or explores existence. The best thing to do would be to order a copy of a previous copy of FU and have a read before submitting to us.
We look forward to seeing your creativity!
*If you live outside the UK we will ask for a donation towards postage
Poetry can be of any length or form.
Prose can be of any form but no longer than 500 words.
Art can be of any form and submitted as a jpeg or in a word doc.
Please submit pieces in a word document with your name, a contact email address and a postal address.
Pieces must not have been previously published – online or in print. Please do not send in pieces already being considered by another publication.
For more information read: https://foxtrotuniformblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/24/what-do-we-like-to-see/
We look forward to reading your work…